feature writing preview

1. What is the difference between a hard new lead (lede) and the one you read above?
The difference between a hard news lead and the one I red is that the hard news lead puts every lead that was important at the beginning but the one I read takes the important leads and distributes them into different parts of the story.

2. What paragraph did you learn the following information?

  1. Who: 2nd paragraph
  2. What: 2nd paragraph 
  3. Where: 2nd paragraph 
  4. When: 2nd paragraph 
  5. Why: 24,25, and 26 paragraph 
  6. How: 3rd paragraph 
3. Are there quotes in the story?
Yes.
4.Are the quotes arranged in the “quotes, transition” style we used in news writing?
No.
5. Who is quoted in the story?
Ted Williams, Kevin McLoughlin, Ken Andrews, Doral Chenoweth II, They Florentino, Shane Cormier, Patrick Harris, Kevin Joy.
6. What quote is most powerful in the story?
“Radio is defined (as) theater of mind,'" Williams says on the Dispatch video. "I can't be an actor; I can't be an on-air (television) personality. This quote really sticks out to me because it shows Ted Williams love for radio. 
7. How many paragraphs are in the story?
33 paragraphs.
8. How many words are in the story?
765 words.
9. What was significant about the last lead on the final paragraph?
I think that the final lead is really significant because it’s short and it talks about Ted Williams voice and I really like that.

10. Every time a writer writes they want to hook the reader, I think that’s why they wrote that as the final paragraph 
11. I think the story was very interesting because it talks about how important a persons voice is and how it should be heard. 
12. Yes, the story and the quotes led up to me wanting to hear Williams. Maybe the reason they implemented so much suspense before we hear is voice was because his voice was is so powerful. 
13.i was surprised. The article made his voice seem like this huge deal and I finally understood why after I heard his voice and what he had to say. 
14. I this that without the video people wouldn’t be able to understand how impactful his voice is, and they would lose interest.
15. Yes. 
16. The writer uses the word baritone to describe his voice. Baritone means a mans voice with tenor and bass. I think that word matches really well because his voice is song-like. 


Comments